Monday, February 21, 2011

The Wonders of Kombucha Tea...

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to write a quick post about a new healthy discovery!

My roommate and I went out yesterday to run errands and she had a cold and wanted to stop for some Kombucha tea.  Not knowing what it was, I decided to try it too.  And now I’m hooked!

The kind that we got was G.T.’s Synergy organic and raw 95% Kombucha tea.  I didn’t know the benefits of drinking Kombucha tea until I read the bottle, which stated:
            “Kombucha supports:
                        digestion
                        metabolism
                        immune system
                        appetite control
                        weight control
                        liver function
                        body alkalinity
                        anti-aging
                        cell integrity
                        healthy skin & hair”

That’s quite a list!  Now, I can’t tell you about the long-term benefits of drinking Kombucha tea, since I’ve only had one bottle, but what I did have definitely produced positive results.

After a few sips, the phlegm in the back of my throat (I know, TMI.  But it’s true!) from the humidity was gone, after half a bottle, my sinuses cleared up some (I didn’t even know they were problematic until they cleared up), and after the whole bottle, I woke up the next morning extra energized even though I had only gotten a few hours of sleep (I drank most of it right before bed).

It does have probiotics and enzymes in it, so strands of cultures are kind of floating around in it, which freaked me out at first.  They looked like weird little slimy things, but the bottle says they are “natural, normal & only occur in raw Kombucha.”  I thought I would feel them slithering down my throat but I didn’t notice or feel them at all!

What makes G.T.’s even better is that G.T. Dave, its creator, “began bottling Kombucha in 1995 after his mother’s success from drinking it during her battle with breast cancer.  He is committed to bringing you the freshest, purest, & more potent Kombucha available” (so my bottle tells me!).  How great is that!

If you want to try Kombucha tea, I highly suggest G.T.’s in Cosmic Cranberry!

***P.S.  I am not in any way affiliated with G.T.’s.  I just love their tea!

Happy drinking! J

No comments:

Post a Comment